Tuesday 9 July 2013

AMAZING GENEROSITY


Huge Thanks to Justin and Emily !!!

Justin, who is in Grade 1, asked his mom if he could invite 32 people to his birthday party.  His mom explained to him that he could invite as many people to his party as the age he was turning, and that he already had more toys than he needed.  

At bedtime that night he asked his mom, “Can we make a deal?  Mom, I was thinking, and I don’t think I can let anyone go from my birthday list.  So how about I just tell everyone I do not need presents and maybe they can just bring money for the playground.”  How could his mom say no?  

Fifteen people were able to come to his party, and he raised an amazing $300.00 for Falcon Park.  His sister Emily was so inspired by her brother, that she took $200.00 out of her bank account that she had received for her birthday, and together they gave Falcon Park a cheque for $500.00.  

Justin and Emily, you truly are amazing and inspiring 
young people !!    

THANK YOU !!!


We need as many volunteers as possible on Build Day, Oct 26.  
Please sign up today.  
Click on "Join the Effort".

No comments:

Post a Comment